Bhubaneswar: In Naveen Patnaik’s new ministry, Prafulla Mallick is the new favourite. Mallick has been showered with portfolios.
The simpleton in the Patnaik’s cabinet, Mallick has retained his last tenures of steel & mines and works portfolios. In addition to this he has been given the additional charge of important home department as minister of states under the chief minister.
Like Mallick, Niranjan Pujhari has been given the all important finance and excise. Arun Sahu has been given the portfolio of agriculture and higher education and Ranendra Pratap Swain food supplies and consumer welfare.
Here’s the list of ministers with the portfolios:
Naveen Patnaik – Home, GA & Public Grievance and any other portfolio not specifically assigned to any one.
Niranjan Pujhari: Finance, Excise
Bikram Keshari Arukh – Forest & Environment, Parliamentary affairs
Prafulla Kumar Mallick- Steel & Mines, Works, additional in-charge of MoS (Home)
Ranendra Pratap Swain – Food Supplies & Consumer Welfare, Co-operations
Padmanabha Behera – Planning & Convergence, Commerce & Transport
Pratap Jena – Panchayatiraj & Drinking water, Law, Housing & Urban Development
Arun Kumar Sahoo – Agriculture & Farmers Empowerment, Fisheries & Animal Resources Development, Higher Education
Sudam Marndi – Revenue & Disaster Management
Susanta Singh – Rural Development, Labour & Employees State Insurance
Naba Kishore Das – Health & Family Welfare
Tukuni Sahoo – Women & Child Development & Mission Shakti
Ministers of State (Independent charge)
- Jagannath Saraka – ST & SC Development, Minorities and Backward Classes Welfare
- Dibya Shankar Mishra – Energy, Industries, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
- Ashok Chandra Panda – Science & Technology, Public Enterprises, Social Security and Empowerment of persons with disabilities
- Sameer Ranjan Dash – School & Mass Education
- Jyoti Prakash Panigrahi – Tourism, Odia Language, Literature and Culture
- Premananda Nayak – Skill Development and Technical Education
- Raghunandan Das – Water Resources, Information & Public Relation
- Padmini Dian – Handloom, Textiles & Handicrafts
- Tusharkanti Behera – Electronics and Information Technology, Sports and Youth Service