Mumbai:Jio Wednesday announced the launch of nation-wide Voice and Video over Wi-Fi service to further reinforce its customer-obsession and offer the best products and experience to its consumers. Jio has been testing this service over the past few months, to provide a robust experience to every customer at launch.
The key differentiators that come with Jio Wi-Fi Calling are:
- Customers can use any Wi-Fi network for Jio Wi-Fi-calling
- The voice and video calls will seamlessly switch-over between VoLTE and Wi-Fi to provide an enhanced voice/video-calling experience
- Jio Wi-Fi calling works on the largest ecosystem of handsets
- Jio customers can also make Video over Wi-Fi calls
- And all of this comes at no additional cost!
Commenting at the launch of this service, Jio director Akash Ambani, said “At Jio, we are constantly innovating to enhance customer experience or solve their problems. At this juncture, when an average Jio consumer uses over 900 minutes of voice calls every month, and at a growing base of consumers, the launch of Jio Wi-Fi Calling will further enhance every Jio consumer’s voice-calling experience, which is already a benchmark for the industry with India’s-first all VoLTE network.”
- To enable Jio Wi-Fi Calling, a step-by-step guide has been made available on Jio.com/wificalling.
- Jio Wi-Fi Calling will be enabled pan-India between 7th and 16th January, 2020.
About Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited:
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (“Jio”), a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited (“RIL”), has built a world-class all-IP data strong future proof network with latest 4G LTE technology. It is the only network conceived and born as a Mobile Video Network from the ground up and supporting Voice over LTE technology. It is future ready and can be easily upgraded to support even more data, as technologies advance on to 5G, 6G and beyond.
Jio will bring transformational changes in the Indian digital services space to enable the vision of Digital India for 1.2 billion Indians and propel India into global leadership in the digital economy. It has created an eco-system comprising of network, devices, applications and content, service experience and affordable tariffs for everyone to live the Jio Digital Life. As part of its customer offers, Jio has revolutionised the Indian telecom landscape by making voice calls for Jio customers absolutely free, across India, to any network, and always. Jio makes India the highest quality, most affordable data market in the world so that every Indian can do Datagiri.