Bhubaneswar : Amway India has pledged a contribution of Rs 1.61 crores to support the fight against coronavirus. The fund entails:
• Contribution towards PM CARES FUND: Rs 1 crore for combating, containment and relief efforts against the corona virus outbreak
• Contribution towards Tamil Nadu CM’s Public Relief Fund: Rs 25 lakh to provide relief measures in the State of TN by way of setting up quarantine centers, free treatment to those infected with coronavirus, support to workers from several unorganised sectors and many more.
• Support the Government’s on-ground health and sanitation services: Rs 36 lakh to drive wide range of initiatives such as:
• Partner with United Way Delhi (UWD): Rs 21 lakh set aside for a project with UWD with the aim to distribute hygiene kits comprising of masks, gloves, sanitizers, hand wash etc. to public health service providers benefitting 15,000 people in Gurgaon and Mumbai
• Provide 1200 N95 masks to surgeons: Support ‘The Association of Surgeons of India’ (ASI), Delhi Chapter for the Covid-19 relief program. Under the program, Amway will be providing 1200 N95 masks to support the medical doctors and other healthcare providers. These will be used for the government hospitals in Delhi such as Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital which have been declared as Covid hospitals by the Government.
• Support Meenakshi Mission Hospital & Research Center (MMHRC), Madurai, Tamil Nadu: Rs 5 lakh towards distribution of disposable masks and gloves to the public service providers in Madurai and Dindigul District in Tamil Nadu. This initiative in association with MMHRC is expected to benefit more than 10,000 people across Madurai and Dindigul district, Tamil Nadu
• Conduct a Disinfection and Sanitation Drive in association with select NGO partners across 12 cities benefitting more than 3,000 children and adults. Rs 5 lakhs allocated for this initiative and Amway to partner with professional agencies across the country to execute the program.
o The drive aims to clean, disinfect, and sanitize NGO premises, ensuring the better health and hygiene of Amway’s project beneficiaries, especially underprivileged children.
o Furthermore, the initiative will include the disinfection of three of our telemedicine centers, select schools, and community centers in select villages located in Dindigul District. The disinfection drive will benefit 15 villages in and around Amway’s manufacturing facility in Nilakottai, Tamil Nadu.
We are so proud of 5,50,000 direct sellers which include 60% women across the country, many of them have stepped forward to give back to the communities by spreading awareness about the importance of preventive healthcare and building immunity using digital platforms.