Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government’s State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) Wednesday cleared seven investment proposals worth Rs.3205 crore.
The SLSWCA meeting held under the chairmanship of chief secretary Asit Tripathy gave in principle approval to seven investment proposals worth Rs. 3205.67 crore in Metal & Metal Downstream, Infrastructure, Tourism and Cement sectors, envisaging employment opportunity for 2494 people in the State.
The meeting was held on Wednesday over digital platform in which Hemant Sharma, Principal Secretary, Industries outlined the project proposals for consideration. Giving nod to the projects, chief secretary Tripathy directed IPICOL to provide all facilitating support for early grounding and commissioning of the projects.
The proposals given in principle approval included the following.:
● M/s MGM Minerals Limited for expansion of its project by setting up 0.125 MTPA Sponge Iron Plant, 0.6 MTPA Pellet Plant, 0.25 MTPA MS Billets, 0.25 MTPA TMT & Wire Rods and 40 MW Captive Power Plant at Nimdha in Dhenkanal, with an investment of Rs. 801.89 crore and thereby providing employment to about 1215 people.
● M/s GM Iron & Steel Company Limited for expansion of its project by setting up 0.8 MTPA Pellet Plant, 0.2379 MTPA DRI plant, 0.195 MTPA Billet, 0.24 MTPA Wire Rod Mill, 0.416 MTPA Slag Cement and 46 MW Captive Power Plant in Dhenkanal, with an investment of Rs. 607.52 crore of capacity and providing employment opportunities for 592 people.
● M/s. Envirocare Infrasolution Pvt. Ltd for setting up Iron Ore Beneficiation plant of 3.6 MTPA capacity at Koira in Sundergarh, with a total investment of Rs. 60 crores, and employing around additional 175 people.
● M/s Hindalco Industries Limited for setting up Flue Gas Desulphurization Plant (FGD) for its existing CPP (6×150 MW) at Lapanga, Sambalpur, with an investment of Rs. 696 crore providing an additional employment opportunities for 50 people.
● M/s. Lifeline Multi-ventures Pvt. Ltd. to set up a 5-star Hotel in Bhubaneswar with a total investment of Rs. 150.38 Crore and providing employment opportunities for 240 people.
● M/s. JSW Cement Ltd. (JSW) for expansion of Cement grinding capacity from 1.2 MTPA to 2.4 MTPA at Kalinga Nagar, Duburi, Jajpur, with an investment of Rs. 489.88 crores and providing employment opportunities for 68 people.
● M/s. Jajpur Cements Pvt. Ltd. for expansion of Cement grinding capacity from 0.5 MTPA to 1.5 MTPA at Kalinga Nagara, Jajpur, with an investment Rs. 400.00 crores and additional will provide employment opportunities for 154 people.
Development commissioner Suresh Chandra Mohapatra, agriculture production commissioner R.K. Sharma, additional chief secretary forest & environment Dr Mona Sharma and MD IPICOL Sri Nitin Bhanudas Jawale participated in the discussions.