Investment proposals of around 1851.96 cr gets SLSWA approval
Chief Secretary directed to facilitate early grounding of the projects
Bhubaneswar: Beating the market slowdown caused by the global pandemic Covid-19, Odisha has attracted investment in diverse sectors of Rs 1851.96 crore.
The five new investment proposals were cleared on Friday by he State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) headed by chief secretary Asit Trilathy. The projects will generate employment opportunity for 1624 persons.
Principal secretary industries Hemant Kumar Sharma presented details of the investment proposal for consideration.
Development commissioner Suresh Chandra Mohapatra, MD IPICOL Nitin Bhanudas Jawale, and CMD IDCO Sanjay Kumar Singh were present.
The projects approved in the meeting were mainly from Metal & Metal Downstream and Cement sector. These included:
● A 2.0 MTPA Pellet and grinding plant initiated by M/s Narbheram Power and Steel Pvt. Limited with an investment of INR 350 crores to be set up in Keonjhar district, with employment opportunities for over 258 persons.
● Expansion of M/s Viraj Steel & Energy Pvt. in Sambalpur district from its existing 0.1 MTPA Integrated Steel Plant to a 0.3 MTPA capacity with additional investment of INR 261.71 crores and employment opportunities for over 338 persons.
● Proposal of BR Sponge and Power Limited for expansion of its unit at Tumkela in Sundergarh to 0.21 MTPA Sponge Iron, 1 MTPA Iron ore Beneficiation, 0.6 MTPA Pellet, 0.112 MTPA MS Billets, 0.112 MTPATMT, 50 TPH Coal Washery.
● Revision of M/s. Nu Vista Limited (Erstwhile Emami Cement) Cement grinding capacity from 1.5 MTPA to 2 MTPA in Kalinga Nagar, Jajpur against an investment of INR 598.62 crores.
● Cement grinding unit of 2.5 MTPA capacity initiated by M/s. OCL India Limited (OCL) to be set up in Cuttack district with investment of INR 441.43 crores, which will generate over 141new jobs.