Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government’s State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) Wednesday cleared 8 industrial investment proposals worth Rs 1242.02 crore.
The projects that got SLSWCA meeting held under the chairmanship of chief secretary Suresh Chandra Mohapatra are in the metal and metal downstream, IT & ESDM, manufacturing, logistics and tourism sectors. These industrial projects will create employment opportunities for 3135 persons in the State.
Giving in principle approval to the projects, chief secretary Mohapatra directed concerned departments to facilitate early grounding and commissioning of the projects. IPICOL was directed to provide necessary handholding support. Principal secretary Industry Hemant Kumar Sharma presented the scrutinized projects with its financial, product and technological details for discussion. The approved projects included the following.
● A 30,000 MTPA Atomized Iron Powder plant of M/s SLM Powders Private Limited with investment of Rs. 67.83 crore to be set up in IDCO Industrial Estate Kulanga of Dist Sundergarh district with potential employment opportunities for over 430 persons.
● Manufacturing unit of PET Preforms and Closures (Unit-II) of 24,000 tonnes /annum capacity for the Food & Beverage Industries to be set up by M/s Oricon Enterprises Ltd in Khordha with an investment of INR 120 crore, which will generate employment opportunities for over 110 persons.
● Manufacturing unit for production of Solar Panel, Advanced storage batteries like Li-ion Battery, Electronics Products for Energy Management, Electromechanical Components and USB data cable and HDMI cable by M/s Surya International at EMC Park (Info Valley), Khordha with an investment of INR 67.50 crore, with employment potential for over 680 persons.
● Logistics Park by M/s Jagannath Industrial and Logistics Parks Private Limited at Tangi Choudwar in Cuttack with an investment of INR 140 crore and employment potential of over 110 persons.
● Integrated Heavy Beach Sands Project by IREL IDCOL Ltd. at Krushnaprasad in Puri with an investment of INR 460 cr and employment potential for over 800 persons.
● 5-star Hotel-cum-Luxury Resort by M/s Pravat Hospitality Private Limited in Puri with an investment of INR 135.69 crore and potential employment opportunities for over 350 persons.
● 5-star Luxury Resort by M/s. Swosti Premium Ltd in Puri with an investment of INR 134 crore and employment potential for over 310 persons.
● 4-star Hotel by Hotel Eden Roc in Bhubaneswar with an investment of INR 117 crore and employment potential for over 345 persons.
Principal secretary Sharma appraised that with major reforms, IPICOL has recently submitted the State Reform Action Plan (SRAP) – 2020. Odisha has considerably improved the ‘Ease of Doing Business’, through string of reforms. The reforms calibrated with the government’s policy initiatives, have helped the State attract investments worth of Rs 1,20,456.74 crore in the last one year across the six focused sectors.
Development commissioner Pradeep Kumar Jena also participated in the deliberations.