Bhubaneswar: Odisha government has cleared 16 industrial investment proposals worh Rs4183 crore and lined up10 big ticket projects
The State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) on Saturday held its 114th meeting under the chairpersonship of the chief secretary of Odisha Suresh Chandra Mahapatra. After the whopping success of the 3rd edition of Make-In-Odisha Conclave held earlier this month, the committee approved 16 industrial projects worth INR 4183 crores that would generate employment opportunities for over 12,973 people in the state across 9 sectors.
The projects approved in the meeting belonged to diverse sectors like paper, wood and forest-based industries, food processing, textile, apparel and technical textile, metal ancilliary and downstream, polymers and plastic products, plastic, waste management, circular economy, chemical, tourism and cement. The approved projects will be set up across Odisha with 6 of the projects being set up in Khordha, 3 in Puri, 2 in Koraput and one each in Cuttack, Bhadrak, Dhamara, Mayurbhanj and Angul.
The SLSWCA approved two proposals of Greenply Industries, India’s pioneer interior infrastructure company, under the name of Greenply Speciality Panels Pvt Ltd & Greenply Sandila Pvt Ltd to set up two manufacturing units for the production of new medium density fibre board having annual capacity of 2,56,000 cubic metre and new plywood & allied product manufacturing unit having annual capacity of 13.5 million square meters in Semiliguda, Koraput with a proposed investment of INR 505 crores & INR 101 crores respectively generating employment for over 1300 people in the state.
The committee gave a nod to the proposal of TRL Krosaki Refractories Ltd, the leading Refractories Manufacturing Company of India, to set up a refractory manufacturing unit for the Metal Ancilliary & Downstream industry in Dhamra. The unit is being set up at an investment of INR 650 crores and is expected to generate employment opportunities for over 700 people in the state.
In the Hospitality sector, the committee approved the proposal by Prabhukrupa Estates & Properties for setting up a 4 star Hotel & Convention Centre named “Ananya Beach Resort” at an investment of INR 50.84 crores. This is likely to generate an employment opportunity for over 110 people in the state. The project will be coming up in Sipasurubuli, Puri.
In the food processing sector the committee also approved an investment of INR 624 crore for Varun Beverages Limited, the largest manufacturer of PepsiCo’s products in India, to set up a manufacturing facility for beverages, packaged drinking water, beverage-based syrups, PET preform along with 3.0 MW captive rooftop solar power plant in Khordha. The project is expected to create over 220 jobs in the state.
Jindal Panther Cement Pvt Ltd has also received an approval from the committee to set up their cement manufacturing unit in Angul at an investment of INR 955 crore generating employment potential of 350.
In Apparel & Technical Textile sector, the Govt. cleared four projects which are expected to generated employment for nearly 8,434 people.
Apart from this, SLSWCA recommended 10 large projects to High Level Clearance Authority(HLCA) for consideration, which are expected to create employment opportunities for around 30,000 persons.
The project details are as follows which received approval from the committee:
Projects for 114th SLSWCA
S.No – Project Name – Project Description -.Project Cost
(Rs in Crores) – Employment (Potential) – Sector Location
1. Greenply Speciality Panels Pvt Ltd new Medium Density Fibreboard manufacturing unit having annual capacity of 2,56,000 cubic meter 505.00 – 450 Paper, Wood & Forest Based Semiliguda, Dist: Koraput
2. Greenply Sandila Pvt Ltd new Plywood & Allied product manufacturing unit having annual capacity of 13.5 Million square meter 101.00 – 850 Paper, Wood & Forest Based Semiliguda, Dist: Koraput
3. Varun Beverages Limited Manufacturing facility for Beverages, Package Drinking Water, Beverages based syrups, PET preform along with 3.0 MW captive rooftop solar power plant 624.30 – 220 Food Processing Malipada, Khordha
4. Wildlotus Textile Private Limited Readymade garments unit (Apparel unit) 171.47 – 1,734 Textile, Apparel & Technical textile Bhadrak
5. SAPL Industries Pvt. Ltd Readymade garments unit (Apparel unit) 53.00 – 2,200 Textile, Apparel & Technical textile Nizigada Kurukhi District- Puri
6. Golden Seams Industries Pvt. Ltd. manufacturing facility for readymade garments (in two phases) 50.10 – 2,500 Textile, Apparel & Technical textile Malipada, Khordha
7. Cotton World (Unit -2) Men’s & Women’s apparel manufacturing unit 50.00 – 2,000 Textile, Apparel & Technical textile Nizigada Kurukhi, Tahasil- Pipili District- Puri
8. TRL Krosaki Refractories Ltd Refractory 650.00 – 700 Metal Ancillary & Downstream Dhamra
9. Sudisa Foundry Pvt Ltd 27,000 MT Automobile and Engineering casting unit 98.05 – 200 Metal Ancillary & Downstream Rairangpur, Dist: Mayurbhanj
10. SISCOL Infra Pvt. Ltd 30,000 MT high-end Fabricated steel structures 55.06 – 600 Metal Ancillary & Downstream Khurda
11. Shri Maa Polyfilms Limited Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene 516.58 – 275 Polymers & Plastic Products Khurda
12. Sri Chakra Poly Plast India Private Limited new rPET (recycled PolyEthylene Terephthalate) Flakes and Granules manufacturing unit having annual capacity of 80,000 MT 200.00 – 400 Waste management/ Circular Economy Malipada, Khordha
13. MTC Business Private Limited Scrap Processing facility having annual capacity of 68,132 MT 52.00 – 300 Waste management/ Circular Economy Malipada, Khordha
14. Chalah Infratech Pvt. Ltd Readymix Construction Chemicals manufacturing unit with Installed Capacity 120000 Ton per Annum 50.76 – 84 Chemical Salipur, Cuttack
15. Prabhukrupa Estates & Properties 4 star hotel & Convention centre named “Ananya Beach Resort” 50.84 – 110 Tourism Sipasurubuli, Puri
16. Jindal Panther Cement Private Limited Cement 955 -350 – – cement – Angul.